Providing up-to-date briefings on ISO 30414 standards, Securities & Exchange Commission human capital disclosure rules, ESG (Environment, Social and Governance) and other emerging human capital measurement standards, as well as case studies, research and on-site and virtual training, are among the activities of a new invitation-only peer group for senior executives in human resources, finance, and the investor communities.
The Human Capital Investment and Reporting Council (HC IRC) launched in 2019 to share and develop better ways to measure and manage human capital. Through research, tools, expert speakers, and curated peer discussion, the HR IRC explores and seeks solutions to critical issues related to the complex topics of human capital investment, value creation, risk management, disclosure, and corporate sustainability.
“We started the council to address the need for better ways to measure and manage the value and impact of human capital on business performance,” explains Amy Armitage, Founder and Co-Chair of HC IRC and Managing Director of Nexus Peer Groups. “In the last year we have seen a groundswell of momentum for increased disclosure of people data from investors, the ISO, SEC and many other international organizations. We wanted to create a forum to discuss and advance next practice solutions. We’re unique in that our group is not just ‘HR talking to HR’ – we’re a multidisciplinary council of stakeholders interested in practical solutions to complex human capital issues.”
The HC IRC is an invitation-only peer group for senior executives in the human resources, finance, and investor communities. Armitage’s co-chair in the council is jeff Higgins, CEO of the HCMI and an expert in human capital analytics and reporting standards. HC IRC is supported through an Advisory Board of Fortune 500 company and industry thought leaders.
In its first year, over two dozen companies participated in the organization’s thought leadership discussions on “next practices,” people analytics research, and global workforce reporting and measurement trends, according to Armitage. “In 2020, we continue to build membership, momentum, and thought leadership to support sustainable growth through people. Our current focus is on human capital standards, board reporting, and business impact metrics used by HR.”
The HC IRC is an invitation-only peer group for senior executives in the human resources, finance, and investor communities. Armitage’s co-chair for the council is Jeff Higgins, CEO of the HCMI and an expert in human capital analytics and ISO human capital reporting standards.
HC IRC serves as a clearing house of solutions for companies to the extent they can benefit from information on governance, best practices on internal reporting and disclosures. “My vision is to create a strong research foundation so our members can benefit from the most effective practices related to human capital management and reporting,” Armitage adds.
Members, she explains, are executives seeking a rigorous approach to creating value to organizations through human capital, and who are in a position to put human capital analytics and reporting to work to help drive organizational performance.”
The organization’s 2020 agenda includes:
• Creating case studies and research on business impact metrics and critical benchmarks in human resources.
• Holding eight virtual meetings of executive peers on investment and reporting topics chosen by the Council.
• Hosting two in-person forums at members locations.
• Developing a member-only web site with recordings, case studies, research and 24/7 member communications.
• Sharing interviews and podcasts of member and sponsor thought leaders on select topics.
• Providing up-to-date briefings on ISO 30414 standards, Securities & Exchange Commission human capital disclosure rules, ESG (Environment, Social and Governance) and other emerging human capital measurement standards; and on-site and virtual training to align and develop leader stakeholders.
For More Information
Master the Principles of Enterprise Engagement to Achieve Organizational Goals and Enhance Your Career
Profit from a new strategic and systematic approach to engagement to enhance your organization’s brand equity; increase sales, productivity, quality, innovation, and safety, and reduce risks.
Get trained to become a Chief Engagement Officer for your organization.
Achieve ISO 10018 Quality People Management Certification to demonstrate your organization’s strategic commitment to people to your customers, employees, distribution partners, vendors, communities, investors, and regulators.
Learn how to create Sustainability or Integrated Reports for Your Organization or Clients.
Get up-to-speed on ISO human resources standards and guidelines to enhance HR performance.
The Northwestern University Law School’s Workforce Science Project is hosting the first certification preparation program for ISO 30414 Human Capital Reporting and ISO 10018 Quality People Management standard, the first of which was recently achieved by DTE Energy. Professionals for organizations and solution providers seeking to benefit from the new ISO 30414 Human Capital Standards, ISO 10018 Quality People Management, and other standards can attend an intensive program requiring no more than one night away from the office for most US attendees to learn how these standards an improve performance, efficiency, and stakeholder experiences and prepare for certification. Click here for more information.
Enterprise Engagement in Action. Take advantage of scheduled monthly live webinar preparation courses for the Certified Engagement Practitioner designation consisting of three one-hour classes and of quarterly Advanced Engagement Practitioner courses consisting of three one-hour webinar classes. The AEP course is for individuals or teams seeking preparation ISO 10018 professional certification status. ICEE periodically runs regional one-day workshops on ISO 10018 Quality People Management principles and certification.
Resources: The Brand Media Coalition, the only guide to the story-telling power of brands and where to source them for business, event, promotional gifting, and rewards and recognition. 2019 Enterprise Engagement Solution Provider Directory. The only directory of engagement solution providers covering all types of agencies and tactics as well as insights on how to select them.
Communities: The Enterprise Engagement Alliance and Advocate and the Brand Media Coalition free resource centers offering access to the latest research, news, and case studies; discounts, promotions, referrals, and commissions, when appropriate to third-party solution providers from participating coalition solution provider members.
Enterprise Engagement: The Roadmap 5th Edition
The first and most comprehensive book on Enterprise Engagement and the new ISO 9001 and ISO 10018 quality people management standards. Includes 36 chapters detailing how to better integrate and align engagement efforts across the enterprise. (312 pages, $36.)
10-minute short course: click here for a 10-minute introduction to Enterprise Engagement and ISO standards from the Coggno.com learning platform.
• The International Center for Enterprise Engagement at TheICEE.org, offering: ISO 10018 certification for employers, solution providers, and Enterprise Engagement technology platforms; Human Resources and Human Capital audits for organizations seeking to benchmark their practices and related Advisory services for the hospitality field.
• The Engagement Agency at EngagementAgency.net, offering: complete support services for employers, solution providers, and technology firms seeking to profit from formal engagement practices for themselves or their clients, including Brand and Capability audits for solution providers to make sure their products and services are up to date.
• C-Suite Advisory Service—Education of boards, investors, and C-suite executives on the economics, framework, and implementation processes of Enterprise Engagement.
• Speakers Bureau—Select the right speaker on any aspect of engagement for your next event.
• Mergers and Acquisitions. The Engagement Agency’s Mergers and Acquisition group is aware of multiple companies seeking to purchase firms in the engagement field. Contact Michael Mazer in confidence if your company is potentially for sale at 303-320-3777.
Enterprise Engagement Benchmark Tools: The Enterprise Engagement Alliance offers three tools to help organizations profit from Engagement. Click here to access the tools.
• ROI of Engagement Calculator. Use this tool to determine the potential return-on-investment of an engagement strategy.
• EE Benchmark Indicator. Confidentially benchmark your organization’s Enterprise Engagement practices against organizations and best practices.
• Compare Your Company’s Level of Engagement. Quickly compare your organization’s level of engagement to those of others based on the same criteria as the EEA’s Engaged Company Stock Index.
• Gauge Your Personal Level of Engagement. This survey, donated by Horsepower, enables individuals to gauge their own personal levels of engagement.
For more information, contact Bruce Bolger at Bolger@TheEEA.org, 914-591-7600, ext. 230.