Dorien Nunez, Founder of OMNIResearch Group and Eric Darrisaw Senior Consultant, suggest that Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) should not be confused with Corporate Social Responsibility: DEI is a path to better financial performance, enhanced shareholder value and more enriching stakeholder experiences.
, a Black, Hispanic, and Women-owned investment firm focused on the Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) research and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) metrics, has announced that it has joined the Enterprise Engagement Alliance network of solution providers and will serve on its Senior Advisory board to help organizations worldwide profit from a strategic approach to DEI.
As Engagement Agency
affiliates, the Omniresearch Group will bring to its organizational and investment clients various services to turn DEI into a profit center and means of shareholder value enhancement, rather than a charitable contribution. “While the DEI community tends to view the process as a matter of racial equity, and therefore an issue to be addressed through charitable donations or Corporate Social Responsibility, we prefer to focus on DEI as a business opportunity funded through marketing and human resources investments with a clear return on investment,” says Eric Darrisaw, OMNIResearch Group Senior Consultant.
As part of its affiliation with the Engagement Agency, OMNIResearch will offer clients:
• A strategic and systematic framework for building DEI into the culture of an organization with a clear ROI using the same approach that was so successful in enhancing quality manufacturing.
• A strategy for helping organizations enhance shareholder value through a strategic approach to DEI by capitalizing on diversity in marketing, human resources, supply chain management, and community engagement.
• A process for measuring the return-on-investment of DEI business practices with all stakeholders, including employees, customers, distribution and supply chain partners, and communities.
• Assistance with developing meaningful human capital disclosures and Corporate Sustainability Reports, including DEI.
• Guidance on using human capital and DEI metrics for investment purposes.
• Managed outsourcing of DEI services and technologies that can help encourage and track DEI.
“We are pleased to be working with the Engagement Agency to develop our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion methodology because our focus is on helping our investor communities and other clients achieve greater and more sustainable results,” says Nunez. Adds Darrisaw, “We believe that DEI provides a competitive advantage and is a key indicator of an organization truly committed to a strategic approach to achieving organizational goals by fostering the proactive involvement of all stakeholders—customers, employees, supply chain partners, communities, and the environment. We don’t want to see DEI become just another fad, with companies hiring a chief diversity officer and then calling it a day.”
To Nunez, “The real opportunity is to demonstrate to boards of directors, CEOs, and CFOs that a strategic and systematic ROI approach to DEI is part of a comprehensive strategy to enhance shareholder value. The best solution to addressing racial equity is to make it profitable for organizations to do so.”
Nunez is a speaker, author, researcher, and Principal and Co-Founder of The OMNIResearch Group. OMNI is a research and consulting practice focusing on institutional investments, research, and emerging manager development for small-, women- and minority owned business enterprises. He is currently involved with expanding ESG research on the S&P 500 companies. He has taught as an adjunct professor at three universities and served as a delegate to the White House Conference on Small Business under President Bill Clinton, and as Consultant to the US Commission on Minority Business Development under President George H.W. Bush.
is a Senior Consultant with the OMNIResearch Group
and a securities industry expert with 30 years of experience advising institutional investors and shareholder advocacy groups on proxy voting, corporate governance, and diversity issues. During his career, Eric has developed fiduciary training programs and investment workshops for some of the nation's premier unions and African American civil rights, philanthropic, environmental, and minority business organizations. Darrisaw is leading OMNIResearch Groups’ alliance with the EEA Engagement Agency to provide investors, corporations and organizations with Human Capital/DEI Advisory Services.
For More Information
Bruce Bolger, Founder
Enterprise Engagement Alliance
914-591-7600, ext. 230
Master the Principles of Enterprise Engagement to Achieve Organizational Goals and Enhance Your Career
Profit from a new strategic and systematic approach to engagement to profit from the principles of Stakeholder Capitalism, enhance your organization’s brand equity; increase sales, productivity, quality, innovation, and safety, and reduce risks.
Get trained to become a Chief Engagement Officer for your organization.
Learn how to create Sustainability or Integrated Reports for Your Organization or Clients.
Learning and Certification: The Enterprise Engagement Alliance 2.0 education program, the only learning and certification platform for boards, executives, and managers seeking to understand the implementation principles of Stakeholder Capitalism, human capital management and measurement, and ROI of engagement. For more information, contact Bruce Bolger at Bolger@TheICEE.org or 914-591-7600, ext. 230.
ESM at EnterpriseEngagement.org, an online trade publication founded in 2008 that features news, profiles, research, and more on the field of Enterprise Engagement, the implementation process for Stakeholder Engagement, and the EEXAdvisors.com buyer's guide and resource directory. This includes a comprehensive resource library on Stakeholder Capitalism, human capital management, measurement, and ROI of engagement.
RRN at RewardsRecognitionNetwork.com, an online trade publication founded in 1996 that features news, profiles, research and more on rewards, recognition, gifting and brand media, and the Brand Media Coalition, the only guide to the story-telling power of brands and where to source them for business, event, promotional gifting, and rewards and recognition. This features a comprehensive resource library on brand media, rewards, recognition, incentives, gifting and more.
The Enterprise Engagement Alliance Human Capital Management and ROI of Engagement Youtube channel featuring one-hour and 30-minute panel discussions with experts on multiple topics on Stakeholder Capitalism, Human Capital Management reporting and measurement, and engagement tactics.
Enterprise Engagement: The Roadmap 5th Edition
The first and most comprehensive book on Enterprise Engagement and the new ISO 9001 and ISO 10018 quality people management standards. Includes 36 chapters detailing how to better integrate and align engagement efforts across the enterprise. (312 pages, $36.)
• The International Center for Enterprise Engagement at TheICEE.org, offering: ISO 10018 certification for employers, solution providers, and Enterprise Engagement technology platforms; Human Resources and Human Capital audits for organizations seeking to benchmark their practices and related Advisory services for the hospitality field.
• The Engagement Agency at EngagementAgency.net, offering: complete support services for employers, solution providers, and technology firms seeking to profit from formal human capital management, reporting, and ROI of engagement practices for themselves or their clients, including Brand Alignment audits for brands and Capability audits for solution providers to make sure their products and services are up to date.
• C-Suite Advisory Services—Education of boards, investors, and C-suite executives on the economics, framework, and implementation processes of Enterprise Engagement.
• Speakers Bureau—Select the right speaker on any aspect of engagement for your next event.
• Mergers and Acquisitions. The Engagement Agency’s Mergers and Acquisition group focuses on helping organizations focused on people sell to the right buyer and on assisting engagement solution providers seeking an exit or merger. Contact Michael Mazer in confidence if your company is potentially for sale at 303-320-3777.
Enterprise Engagement Benchmark Tools: The Enterprise Engagement Alliance offers three tools to help organizations profit from Engagement. Click here to access the tools.
• ROI of Engagement Calculator. Use this tool to determine the potential return-on-investment of an engagement strategy.
• EE Benchmark Indicator. Confidentially benchmark your organization’s Enterprise Engagement practices against organizations and best practices.
• Compare Your Company’s Level of Engagement. Quickly compare your organization’s level of engagement to those of others based on the same criteria as the EEA’s Engaged Company Stock Index.
• Gauge Your Personal Level of Engagement. This survey, donated by Horsepower, enables individuals to gauge their own personal levels of engagement.
For more information, contact Bruce Bolger at Bolger@TheICEE.org, 914-591-7600, ext. 230.