Click here for links to information about EEA preferred engagement solution providers.
By a vote of 359-261, the European Union parliament rejected a motion by conservative legislators to stop companies from having to report on environmental, social, and governance issues starting in fiscal year 2024, according to a report in Bloomberg law.
Opponents called for the vote because of concerns that the mandatory sustainability reporting would place excessive administrative and financial burdens on companies. Opponents have unsuccessfully called on the European Commission to narrow their scope.
The law officially takes effect for fiscal 2024 with reports for the largest companies affected due in 2025 for 2024 compared with 2023 metrics.
The Enterprise Engagement Alliance is holding a live EEA YouTube show on how preparation is proceeding on the new law in Europe and the US on Oct. 26 at 11 am ET US. Register here to attend the live session. Otherwise, it will be available within a few days on the EEA YouTube channel and library.
ESM Is Published by The EEA: Your Source for Effective Stakeholder Management, Engagement, and Reporting
Through education, media, business development, advisory services, and outreach, the Enterprise Engagement Alliance supports professionals, educators, organizations, asset managers, investors, and engagement solution providers seeking a competitive advantage by profiting from a strategic and systematic approach to stakeholder engagement across the enterprise. Click here for details on all EEA and ESM media services.
1. Professional Education on Stakeholder Management and Total Rewards
- Become part of the EEA as an individual, corporation, or solution provider to gain access to valuable learning, thought leadership, and marketing resources to master stakeholder management and reporting.
- The only education and certification program focusing on Stakeholder Engagement and Human Capital metrics and reporting, featuring nine members-only training videos that provide preparation for certification in Enterprise Engagement.
- EEA books: Paid EEA participants receive Enterprise Engagement for CEOs: The Little Blue Book for People-Centric Capitalists, a quick implementation guide for CEOs; Enterprise Engagement: The Roadmap 5th Edition implementation guide; a comprehensive textbook for practitioners, academics, and students, plus four books on theory and implementation from leaders in Stakeholder Management, Finance, Human Capital Management, and Culture.
- ESM at EnterpriseEngagement.org, EEXAdvisors.com marketplace, ESM e–newsletters, and library.
- RRN at RewardsRecognitionNetwork.com; BrandMediaCoalition.com marketplace, RRN e-newsletters, and library.
- EEA YouTube Channel with over three dozen how-to and insight videos and growing with nearly 100 expert guests.
3. Fully Integrated Business Development for Engagement and Total Rewards
Strategic Business Development for Stakeholder Management and Total Rewards solution providers, including Integrated blog, social media, and e-newsletter campaigns managed by content marketing experts.
4. Advisory Services for Organizations
Stakeholder Management Business Plans; Human Capital Management, Metrics, and Corporate Sustainability Reporting for organizations, including ISO human capital certifications, and services for solution providers.
5. Outreach in the US and Around the World on Stakeholder Management and Total Rewards
The EEA promotes a strategic approach to people management and total rewards through its e-newsletters, web sites, and social media reaching 20,000 professionals a month and through other activities, such as: