Asset Valuation Expert in New Book: “It’s Still the People”
In his new book, “Going Behind the Numbers,” valuation expert Dave Bookbinder continues to identify ways to enhance human capital value and determine how it can be quantified to represent what every organization’s people actually bring to the table. According to Bookbinder, “If you think it’s a simple matter of calculating salaries and benefits – the typical expenses – you should start reading immediately… or learn to accept mediocrity (or worse) in your own organization.” Editors note: Enterprise Engagement Alliance founder Bruce Bolger is a contributor to the book.
Dave Bookbinder is corporate finance executive with over 20 years of experience in business valuations. Bookbinder has served thousands of client companies of all sizes and industries and works closely with business owners, CFOs, Controllers, and CEOs.
Bookbinder says his new book is based on his podcast and companion show on RVN Television and interviews with business and thought leaders and successful entrepreneurs that came out of his first book, “The NEW ROI: Return on Individuals.” The new book “continues to uncover the often hidden, and many times untapped value potential that lies within the people in every organization as well as the critical importance of employee engagement and corporate culture. Those interviews are the basis of this book.”
Bookbinder believes that “Discretionary effort is the holy grail of employee engagement. The ‘going above and beyond’ is what drives business valuation,” he advises.
- Shareholders vs. Stakeholders
- No A$$holes
- Linking Presence to Profits
- Hard Approach to Soft Issues
- Shifting Values
- Everyone’s an Entrepreneur
- Logistics, Deadlines and Empathy
- Business and Leadership Lessons from the Military
- Better Together
- Industry to Information
- Advancing Careers
- Safety First for ROI
- War for Talent
- HR and Technology
- It’s About People Economics
- Human Capital Analytics
- Don’t Worry, Be Happy
- JUST What the World Needs
- The Time Is Now
- Behind the Numbers
Bookbinder says he is on a mission to change the conversation about how the accounting world recognizes the value of peoples’ contributions to a business enterprise and to validate what every CEO on the planet claims: “Our people are this company’s most valuable asset.”
For More Information
Master the “S” of Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG), A.k.a. Stakeholder Capitalism
The Enterprise Engagement Alliance at TheEEA.org is the world’s first and only organization that focuses on outreach, certification and training, and advisory services to help organizations achieve their goals by fostering the proactive involvement of all stakeholders. This includes customers, employees, distribution and supply chain partners, and communities, or anyone connected to an organization’s success.
Training and Thought Leadership
- Founded in 2008, the Enterprise Engagement Alliance provides outreach, learning and certification in Enterprise Engagement, an implementation process for the “S” or Social of Stakeholder Capitalism and Human Capital Management and measurement of engagement across the organization.
- The Enterprise Engagement Alliance provides a training and certification program for business leaders, practitioners, and solution providers, as well as executive briefings and human capital gap analyses for senior leaders.
- The EEA produces an education program for CFOs for the CFO.University training program on Human Capital Management.
- Join the EEA to become a leader in the implementation of the “S” of ESG and Stakeholder Capitalism.
Engagement Digital Media and Marketplaces
- The ESM information portal and The Enterprise Engagement Advisors Network solution provider marketplace cover all aspects of stakeholder engagement, and the EEA information library lists dozens of resources.
- The RRN information portal and Brand Media Coalition marketplace address the use of brands for gifting, incentives, recognition, and promotions. The BMC information library provides information and research resources.
The EEA Human Capital Management and ROI of Engagement YouTube channel features a growing library of 30- to 60-minute panel discussions with leading experts in all areas of engagement and total rewards.
- Enterprise Engagement for CEOs: The Little Blue Book for People-Centric Capitalists. A quick guide for CEOs.
- Enterprise Engagement: The Roadmap 5th Edition implementation guide. A comprehensive textbook for practitioners, academics, and students.
Enterprise Engagement Advisory Services
The Engagement Agency helps:
- Organizations of all types develop strategic Stakeholder Capitalism and Enterprise Engagement processes and human capital management and reporting strategies; conduct human capital gap analyses; design and implement strategic human capital management and reporting plans that address DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion), and assist with managed outsourcing of engagement products and services.
- Human resources, sales and marketing solution providers profit from the emerging discipline of human capital management and ROI of engagement through training and marketing services.
- Investors make sense of human capital reporting by public companies.
- Buyers and sellers of companies in the engagement space or business owners or buyers who seek to account for human capital in their mergers and acquistions.
For more information: Contact Bruce Bolger at Bolger@TheICEE.org or call 914-591-7600, ext. 230.