The Enterprise Engagement Alliance’s newly updated Enterprise Engagement for CEOs: The Little Blue Book for Stakeholder Capitalists provides boards and senior management with a short course on how to turn theory into action. A recent survey by the Conference Board found that 92% of CEOs agree with the shift to Stakeholder Capitalism and 82% say they have begun the implementation process.
Enterprise Engagement for CE0s: The Little Blue Book for Stakeholder Capitalists provides a practical overview of how to implement the “S” of Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG), increasingly known as Stakeholder Capitalism. Click here to order in paperback or Kindle.
The book provides a short, practical overview of how to use Enterprise Engagement principles to increase profitability and lower costs by establishing a brand that attracts and retains highly committed, focused, and capable customers, employees, distribution and supply chain partners, and communities. The processes are based on the proven approach applied by ISO (International Organization for Standardization) standards to help enhance quality, environmental, and safety practices in manufacturing.
For those seeking a comprehensive textbook on all aspects of implementation, see: Enterprise Engagement: The Roadmap—How to Implement Stakeholder Capitalism and Enhance Organizational Results Through a Strategic Approach to People Management.
This increasingly important approach to business is not about “woke” capitalism; donating more money to charities or lowering an organization’s carbon footprint in reaction to societal pressures. It’s backed by over 30 years of academic research and ISO (International Organization for Standardization)-based business practices aimed at enhancing sustainable returns for shareholders by creating value for customers, employees, supply chain and distribution partners, communities, and the environment—otherwise known as Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) management, increasingly known as Stakeholder Capitalism.
Multiple books have documented the economics of Stakeholder Capitalism, including the book by that name authored by Klaus Schwab of the World Economic Forum or The Heart of Business, by Hubert Joly, former CEO of Best Buy, another committed Stakeholder Capitalist. Enterprise Engagement for CEOs is designed for management that seeks to move from theory to practical applications. Based on the experience of literally millions of companies that have used or use ISO standards in one way or other, success depends on having a CEO-led strategic and systematic approach to achieving goals by strategically and systematically addressing the interests of all stakeholders.
Enterprise Engagement for CEOs is for boards, executives, management in all areas, and educators seeking to go beyond the talk to focus on the actual implementation process. The enterprise approach to engaging all stakeholders in a systematic way is based on extensive academic work and case studies of successful organizations going back to the early work of R. Edward Freeman, Professor of Business Administration, that demonstrate the ability to enhance performance and lower costs by:
• Establishing a clear organizational purpose baked into the culture and business plans.
• Strategically aligning the interests and activities related to all stakeholders, rather than having them siloed between marketing, sales, human resources, operations, finance, etc.
• Baking people strategies and tactics into the organization’s business operating system.
• Creating a culture of continuous improvement that encourages the voice of all stakeholders, including front-line workers and other employees; customers; supply chain and distribution partners, and communities.
• Having a formal system for managing people investments, the strategies and tactics, and performance metrics.
Click here to order Enterprise Engagement for CEOs in paperback or Kindle.
Master the “S” of Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG), A.k.a. Stakeholder Capitalism
The Enterprise Engagement Alliance at TheEEA.org is the world’s first and only organization that focuses on outreach, certification and training, and advisory services to help organizations achieve their goals by fostering the proactive involvement of all stakeholders. This includes customers, employees, distribution and supply chain partners, and communities, or anyone connected to an organization’s success.
Training and Thought Leadership
- Founded in 2008, the Enterprise Engagement Alliance provides outreach, learning and certification in Enterprise Engagement, an implementation process for the “S” or Social of Stakeholder Capitalism and Human Capital Management and measurement of engagement across the organization.
- The Enterprise Engagement Alliance provides a training and certification program for business leaders, practitioners, and solution providers, as well as executive briefings and human capital gap analyses for senior leaders.
- The EEA produces an education program for CFOs for the CFO.University training program on Human Capital Management.
- Join the EEA to become a leader in the implementation of the “S” of ESG and Stakeholder Capitalism.
- The ESM information portal and The Enterprise Engagement Advisors Network solution provider marketplace cover all aspects of stakeholder engagement, and the EEA information library lists dozens of resources.
- The RRN information portal and Brand Media Coalition marketplace address the use of brands for gifting, incentives, recognition, and promotions. The BMC information library provides information and research resources.
The EEA Human Capital Management and ROI of Engagement YouTube channel features a growing library of 30- to 60-minute panel discussions with leading experts in all areas of engagement and total rewards.
- Enterprise Engagement for CEOs: The Little Blue Book for People-Centric Capitalists. A quick guide for CEOs.
- Enterprise Engagement: The Roadmap 5th Edition implementation guide. A comprehensive textbook for practitioners, academics, and students.
Enterprise Engagement Advisory Services
The Engagement Agency helps:
- Organizations of all types develop strategic Stakeholder Capitalism and Enterprise Engagement processes and human capital management and reporting strategies; conduct human capital gap analyses; design and implement strategic human capital management and reporting plans that address DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion), and assist with managed outsourcing of engagement products and services.
- Human resources, sales and marketing solution providers profit from the emerging discipline of human capital management and ROI of engagement through training and marketing services.
- Investors make sense of human capital reporting by public companies.
- Buyers and sellers of companies in the engagement space or business owners or buyers who seek to account for human capital in their mergers and acquistions.
For more information: Contact Bruce Bolger at Bolger@TheICEE.org or call 914-591-7600, ext. 230.