New Book Focuses on "Making Things Right at Work"
This book by Gary Chapman, Jennifer M Thomas, and Dr. Paul White, founder and CEO of culture company Appreciation at Work, provides guidance on how to reduce conflict at work.
Making Things Right at Work: Increase Teamwork, Resolve Conflict, and Build Trust addresses the challenges of conflict at work at how to address it.
According to co-author Dr. Paul White, “Conflict at work happens—a lot. And it is a major source of stress for both supervisors and employees. In fact, it shouldn’t take you but a few seconds to
recall a tense moment in your workplace.”
Dr. White believes “The cost of workplace conflict is huge—both to us as individuals and to our organizations. One study found that, on average, each employee spends 2.1 hours every week (or one day per month) dealing with conflict in some way—either being directly involved in a disagreement or managing an issue between coworkers.”
In addition to the time lost dealing with conflict, “there is the personal cost of the stress in terms of
headaches, upset stomachs, high blood pressure, and loss of sleep.”
Making Things Right at Work is written to help readers understand the sources of conflict, how to keep conflicts from “exploding” out of control and provides practical ways to calm the waters. Topics covered include:
1. Where do conflicts come from?
2. How to keep conflicts from exploding?
3. What to do when you’ve messed up?
4. How to get past hurt and offense?
5. Building and rebuilding trust?
Dr. White’s Appreciation at Work advisory service provides customized presentations for organizations seeking to help employees address these and other conflict-related issues.
For More Information
Paul White, Ph.D.
President, Appreciation at Work
Master the “S” of Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG), A.k.a. Stakeholder Capitalism
The Enterprise Engagement Alliance at TheEEA.org is the world’s first and only organization that focuses on outreach, certification and training, and advisory services to help organizations achieve their goals by fostering the proactive involvement of all stakeholders. This includes customers, employees, distribution and supply chain partners, and communities, or anyone connected to an organization’s success.
Training and Thought Leadership
- Founded in 2008, the Enterprise Engagement Alliance provides outreach, learning and certification in Enterprise Engagement, an implementation process for the “S” or Social of Stakeholder Capitalism and Human Capital Management and measurement of engagement across the organization.
- The Enterprise Engagement Alliance provides a training and certification program for business leaders, practitioners, and solution providers, as well as executive briefings and human capital gap analyses for senior leaders.
- The EEA produces an education program for CFOs for the CFO.University training program on Human Capital Management.
- Join the EEA to become a leader in the implementation of the “S” of ESG and Stakeholder Capitalism.
- The ESM information portal and The Enterprise Engagement Advisors Network solution provider marketplace cover all aspects of stakeholder engagement, and the EEA information library lists dozens of resources.
- The RRN information portal and Brand Media Coalition marketplace address the use of brands for gifting, incentives, recognition, and promotions. The BMC information library provides information and research resources.
The EEA Human Capital Management and ROI of Engagement YouTube channel features a growing library of 30- to 60-minute panel discussions with leading experts in all areas of engagement and total rewards.
- Enterprise Engagement for CEOs: The Little Blue Book for People-Centric Capitalists. A quick guide for CEOs.
- Enterprise Engagement: The Roadmap 5th Edition implementation guide. A comprehensive textbook for practitioners, academics, and students.
Enterprise Engagement Advisory Services
The Engagement Agency helps:
- Organizations of all types develop strategic Stakeholder Capitalism and Enterprise Engagement processes and human capital management and reporting strategies; conduct human capital gap analyses; design and implement strategic human capital management and reporting plans that address DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion), and assist with managed outsourcing of engagement products and services.
- Human resources, sales and marketing solution providers profit from the emerging discipline of human capital management and ROI of engagement through training and marketing services.
- Investors make sense of human capital reporting by public companies.
- Buyers and sellers of companies in the engagement space or business owners or buyers who seek to account for human capital in their mergers and acquistions.
For more information: Contact Bruce Bolger at Bolger@TheICEE.org or call 914-591-7600, ext. 230.