The Enterprise Engagement Alliance at TheEEA.org, a leading learning, certification, and outreach organization based in Tarrytown, NY, and the 4C Management Consulting Group in Munich have announced a collaboration to promote the use of the ISO 30414 Human Capital Reporting and ISO 10018 People Engagement Standards to help organizations develop meaningful human capital management strategies, reporting, and ROI-based practices.
In order to help organizations transform human capital into a profit center and to implement more effective stakeholder management practices, two leaders in stakeholder and performance management in the US and the European Union have joined forces to promote a strategic and systematic approach to helping organizations enhance performance through people based on the frameworks of ISO standards 30414 Human Capital Reporting and ISO 10018 People Engagement standards.
Under the collaboration, 4C GROUP Management Consulting will incorporate the use of ISO-based Human Capital Reporting framework developed by the Enterprise Engagement for its own advisory services in the European Union. The services include facilitation of human capital business plan development, gap analyses, strategy implementation, internal and external reporting, managed outsourcing, as well analyses of the human capital reporting practices of publicly held European companies.
See below for specific examples of the services provided as part of this collaboration.
4C GROUP Management Consulting, founded in 1997, is a specialist “in leadership, performance and transformation management and thereby contributes substantially to coping with the fundamental economic and social disruption in organizations.” It’s mission, "enforcing performance," stands for precise implementation and sustainable change with a measurable bottom-line impact. The company says it enables companies to consistently drive their strategies and change management with cross-functional excellence to address the needs of all stakeholders in performance management, technology, digital innovation, human resources, and compliance.
As part of the cooperation, Dr. Heiko Mauterer, who served on the ISO working group that created the ISO 30414 standards, will uphold the integrity of the standards as well as provide auditing and implementation services related to the ISO standards. He will serve on the ICEE management team of the International Center for Enterprise Engagement at TheICEE.org, which certifies management and companies in ISO 30414 and ISO 10018 practices.
Observes Dr. Mauterer, “As someone who comes from general management, and not human resources, I’m drawn to the way the Enterprise Engagement Alliance has brought together the essence of two ISO standards to address the needs of all interested parties in the spirit of sharing that is the culture of ISO. By collaborating, we can help better educate management of the benefits of a strategic and systematic approach to creating new, more sustainable returns for their shareholders by creating more value for all their stakeholders. This isn’t about compliance. This is first and foremost a customer and talent acquisition, retention, and performance strategy. That ISO standards make it easier to conduct gap analyses, create formal plans, and compare the practices and reporting of different companies for the benefit of investors in an auditable manner are just added benefits.”
Explains Bolger, “This cross-Atlantic collaboration reinforces the validity of the ISO framework to help organizations enhance performance through people using the same approach that helped transform quality in manufacturing, and it provides both our organizations the means to scale our respective practices. Given that only about 5% of companies have a strategic stakeholder management process tied to their business plans and bottom lines, and are thereby leaving money on the table, it’s beneficial to have international collaborators.”
ISO, the International Organization for Standardization) was formed at the end of World War II to help create a systematic approach to the reconstruction of Europe to ensure effective inter-country commerce and communications. It published the ISO 9000/1 standards that helped enhance quality in manufacturing in 1987. Starting in the 2000s, ISO began to develop standards to address the issue of people engagement in over 60 standards in a framework known as Annex SL, which calls for each standard to include processes that address the needs of all interested parties. Later, in the 2010s, ISO working group 260 was formed to create formal standards for human resources. It has since published over a dozen standards and guidelines in people management, including ISO 30414 human capital management reporting standards. ISO 10018 People Engagement standards come from the same working group that manages ISO 9001 quality standards.
See below for articles in Engagement Strategies Media that provide specific examples of the services offered under this collaboration.
ESM: Tech Firm Publishes ISO-Conforming Human Capital Report as a Marketing Strategy, Not Compliance
For More Information
In the U.S.
Founder, Enterprise Engagement Alliance
914-591-7600, ext. 230
In the European Union
Board Member and Senior Partner, 4C GROUP AG
+49 173 3465870
Master the “S” of Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG), A.k.a. Stakeholder Capitalism
The Enterprise Engagement Alliance at TheEEA.org is the world’s first and only organization that focuses on outreach, certification and training, and advisory services to help organizations achieve their goals by fostering the proactive involvement of all stakeholders. This includes customers, employees, distribution and supply chain partners, and communities, or anyone connected to an organization’s success.
Training and Thought Leadership
- Founded in 2008, the Enterprise Engagement Alliance provides outreach, learning and certification in Enterprise Engagement, an implementation process for the “S” or Social of Stakeholder Capitalism and Human Capital Management and measurement of engagement across the organization.
- The Enterprise Engagement Alliance provides a training and certification program for business leaders, practitioners, and solution providers, as well as executive briefings and human capital gap analyses for senior leaders.
- The EEA produces an education program for CFOs for the CFO.University training program on Human Capital Management.
- Join the EEA to become a leader in the implementation of the “S” of ESG and Stakeholder Capitalism.
- The ESM information portal and The Enterprise Engagement Advisors Network solution provider marketplace cover all aspects of stakeholder engagement, and the EEA information library lists dozens of resources.
- The RRN information portal and Brand Media Coalition marketplace address the use of brands for gifting, incentives, recognition, and promotions. The BMC information library provides information and research resources.
The EEA Human Capital Management and ROI of Engagement YouTube channel features a growing library of 30- to 60-minute panel discussions with leading experts in all areas of engagement and total rewards.
- Enterprise Engagement for CEOs: The Little Blue Book for People-Centric Capitalists. A quick guide for CEOs.
- Enterprise Engagement: The Roadmap 5th Edition implementation guide. A comprehensive textbook for practitioners, academics, and students.
Enterprise Engagement Advisory Services
The Engagement Agency helps:
- Organizations of all types develop strategic Stakeholder Capitalism and Enterprise Engagement processes and human capital management and reporting strategies; conduct human capital gap analyses; design and implement strategic human capital management and reporting plans that address DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion), and assist with managed outsourcing of engagement products and services.
- Human resources, sales and marketing solution providers profit from the emerging discipline of human capital management and ROI of engagement through training and marketing services.
- Investors make sense of human capital reporting by public companies.
- Buyers and sellers of companies in the engagement space or business owners or buyers who seek to account for human capital in their mergers and acquistions.
For more information: Contact Bruce Bolger at Bolger@TheICEE.org or call 914-591-7600, ext. 230.